Swadesh Darshan Scheme Objective, Benefits & Guidelines PDF | Swadesh Darshan Tourist Circuit Implementation All You Need to Know – In order to promote tourism, the Swadesh Darshan Scheme has been started by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India for the integrated development of theme based tourism circuits. This is a central sector based programme, under this scheme efforts will be made to advance the potential of the tourism industry and, to the maximum, their expansion in the country of India. In today’s article, we are going to provide you all the information related to Swadesh Darshan Scheme 2.0, such as – what is the main purpose of starting this scheme, apart from what goal this scheme has been started etc.
Swadesh Darshan Scheme 2.0
Swadesh Darshan is a central sector scheme launched by the Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Government of India. This scheme has been started in the country by the Ministry of Tourism and Culture of the Government to further expand, expand and maximize the potential of the tourism industry in the country. Apart from this, the tourist circuit in India is based on the theme of the country. Tourist circuits to be built under this scheme will be constructed using integrated principles of sustainability and competitiveness etc. with high tourist value. 15 thematic circuits have been identified for development under Swadesh Darshan Scheme 2.0. Central financial assistance will be provided through this scheme to the Ministry of Tourism, State Governments and Union Territory Administrations for building the infrastructure of the circuit.
Overview of Swadesh Darshan Scheme
|Scheme Name||Swadesh Darshan Scheme|
|Launched By||By the government of India|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens Of India|
|Objective||Promotion of Indian Tourism|
|Benefits||The potential of the tourism industry will be further enhanced, expanded and enhanced etc.|
|Category||Central Government Schemes|
Objective of Swadesh Darshan Scheme
The main objective of Swadesh Darshan Scheme 2.0 is to establish economic development of tourism as a major engine of employment generation. Apart from this, one of the main objectives of this scheme is to develop circuits with tourism potential on a planned and priority basis. Through this scheme launched by the Government of India, the cultural and heritage value of the country will be enhanced to generate livelihood in the identified areas. World class sustainable infrastructure will also be developed in circuits/destinations to make tourist attractions. One of the main objectives of Swadesh Darshan Scheme is that through this pro-poor tourism and community based development approach will be followed.
Benefits of Swadesh Darshan Scheme
- Swadesh Darshan Scheme 2.0 has been done by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India to advance the potential of the tourism industry in our country.
- Under this scheme, India’s full potential as a tourism destination will be realized and India will be made strong and self-reliant.
- Apart from this, development of benchmarks and standards will be encouraged through this scheme for general and subject-specific development of tourist places.
- Through this, benchmarks and standards can be followed while planning and developing state projects.
- Swadesh Darshan Scheme To develop sustainable and responsible tourist destinations, a generational change has been made to develop this scheme as a holistic mission i.e. this scheme is not an incremental change.
- Under this scheme initiated by the Central Government, the scheme of development of the circuit is to be made with tourism appeal and to give priority to it.
- The potential of tourism can be maximized by the central government for its direct and qualitative impact on the growth of the economy and the creation of employment.
- Apart from this, local communities will be connected by the central government through this scheme and employment will also be encouraged through this.
- The culture and heritage of the country will also be promoted through this scheme and along with this, integrated development of selected theme-based circuits will also be done through this scheme.
Swadesh Darshan Scheme, 15 Theme-Based Circuits
- Buddha Circuit- The most important pilgrimage sites under this are included in the Buddha Circuit for Buddhist travelers, states like Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar etc. have been included in this circuit.
- Coastal Circuit- Coastal Circuit will strengthen India’s reputation as sun, sea, surf etc. India’s long (7,517 km) coastline includes Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, West Bengal etc. is made by the state. Apart from these states, Andaman and Nicobar Islands have also been included in the coastal circuit.
- Desert Circuit- Desert Circuit is a special tourist circuit in India that attracts visitors from all over the world. Our country is rich in vast forests, large deserts and flowing rivers. Apart from this, tourists are also attracted by the sand dunes of the Thar Desert and the extremely high temperatures, the arid plains of Kutch and the dry, cold valleys of Ladakh and Himachal.
- Eco circuits – Eco circuits try to improve the relationship between the natural and visitor worlds. Through this, it is intended to develop natural sites, eco-tourism, etc., through the circuit, through which home tourists and outside tourists can appreciate the variety of eco-tourism products available in India, its Apart from this, the states of Kerala, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Telangana, Mizoram and Jharkhand are included under this circuit.
- Heritage Circuit- India is blessed with a rich, dynamic heritage, culture, with 36 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the other 36 on the tentative list. It focuses on better interpretive elements, historic circuit preservation, sustenance, etc., in an effort to meet the needs of the international traveler. The states of Rajasthan, Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Puducherry, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Telangana etc. are included under this circuit.
- Northeast Circuit- This circuit has been developed as tourist destinations of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim.
- Himalayan Circuit – Strategically encircling the Indian Himalayan region, the Himalayan circuit will be served by the northern border of the entire country. Under this circuit, the states like Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and North East region are connected in the Indian Himalayan region.
- Sufi Circuit- Efforts are made to respect Sufi customs through this circuit, this circuit has been going on in India for a very long time. Even today the Sufi tradition and Sufi saints are revered by the government for their guidance on the path of unity in diversity, intergroup harmony, and creation of its own distinctive music, art and culture in the nation.
- Krishna Circuit – Under this, Krishna Circuit travel has been linked to Indian religion in India, under this the development of various popular tourist destinations can be attributed to the fact, under which religion and spirituality have long been set objectives for general travel. The main goal of Krishna Circuit is to develop places associated with the stories of Lord Krishna, mainly in Haryana and Rajasthan.
- Ramayana Circuit – The Ramayana Circuit has been developed with the aim of improving the experience of the visitors to the places associated with the legends of Lord Rama across the country, with the main focus being the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Rural Circuit – This circuit will be used to revive rural economies and provide a vision of “true” India to both domestic and foreign visitors, using tourism as a force multiplier. Bhitiharwa – Chandrahiya – Turkauliya and Rural Circuit Malnad Malabar Cruise Tourism etc. are included in this circuit, besides Bihar Gandhi Circuit has also been included in this circuit.
- Himalayan Circuit – Indian Spiritual Circuit India, the “home of spirituality” needs tourist facilities all over the country for these places. It is visited by more than 330 million people for spiritual journeys. One for spiritual tourism India is an “essential” destination domestically and internationally as it is the origin of Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism, as well as a hotbed of all major and minor minority religious beliefs. In addition, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Bihar, Rajasthan and Puducherry are the states with more focus on the spiritual circuit by the state government.
- Tirthankar Circuit- There are many Jain pilgrimages available in India to remember the life and achievements of Jain Tirthankars, through which the message of peace, love and knowledge is always spread. and unique architectural styles to cuisines and crafts.
- India is a major destination for wildlife tourism because of the tremendous diversity of animals available there, with many national and state wildlife conservation and sanctuaries in India aiming for “sustainable,” “ecological,” and “nature-centric” development. Assam and Madhya Pradesh are being explored by the central government in two states, under this, you can read about the Wildlife Protection Act of 1972, despite being Indian tribals in the modern era, they have practiced centuries-old customs, traditions and culture. The Tribal Circuit has been started to provide an up close, first look at India’s colorful tribal customs, culture, festivals, craftsmanship, arts, rituals etc. States including Telangana, Nagaland and Chhattisgarh has been added for the development of the country.
- Shri Rakesh Kumar Verma (Additional Secretary)
- Room No.119, Transport Bhawan, 1, Parliament Street,
- New Delhi – 110 001